Friday, June 6, 2008

Unhappy Feet



Shoe Rant


I bought a black patent wedge pumps from CMG last Saturday. I thought of buying a closed shoes for the rainy season since most of the shoes I'm wearing for work are either sandals or open toed and don't you just hate getting your toes wet from walking in the rain?
Am not actually a shoe fiend but I've been wanting to have a wedge since January i think so I knew right away what style to look for and CMG has the only pair that got my eye to cut the story short.
Sizing in most shoe shops can be very confusing. You CANNOT stick to one size only, it really depends on the brand i guess (for ladies' shoes only i think). Generally I'm between 6.5-7 in. In Rusty Lopez I'm size 7, 6.5 in Celine, 6 in VNC/Schu and 5 in CMG. How confusing is that? I bought my pumps in size 5 coz they don't carry half sizing and size 6 is too big for me. The SA convinced me of getting the size because it'll get bigger daw after some use. I thought it's a good decision until I tried walking with the shoes on for hours in the house and felt PAIN. I decided to have it replaced the following day and opted to get a cork (which comes for free) in order to prevent it from flying off my feet in the event that I have to run a marathon. ;)
Everything okay so far i thought. I wore it last Monday. Teka, Monday of all the working days?! I was excited for a dry run, yep. Walking to the MRT was a breeze (weee..), NOT until I got inside the train (which took me like 45mins STANDING and WAITING for the next available train where I could squeeze myself inside). My toes are already burning during the 20min ride and as soon as I get off I felt that I cannot move my toes. It's so painful!
I walked to the jeepney and from there to the office with such a slooow pace I got late for work. I took off the shoes as soon as I sat on my desk and removed the cork cursing deep inside when I saw this deep long SCRATCH at the front of the left shoe. WTF! I wore it for less than two hours and that's what I got: sore toes and deep long scratch!
I think I cannot have the perfect pair of shoes. I thought this is the ONE. I bought it for 3K for heaven and egg's sake. :((

No comments: