Thursday, October 11, 2007

Keep Holding On

A very dear friend is going through a very serious trial right now and I want to be one of the "positve person" for him. He is one of the few people I talked to as soon as I knew that my mom has leukemia two years ago. I was crying really hard as we were exchanging text messages that very unforgettable night. He gave me words of strength and faith that I needed despite the fact that I know that he's a little afraid talking about such things. He is always very positive and his faith in the Lord is admirable.
He first called me maybe a month ago talking about a "problem" that he cannot tell yet and that he wanted to go to Manaoag and pray for help. All he said that time was that it's something serious and the only option is surgery. Me and another good friend was alarmed on the seriousness of the problem prompting him to go to Manaoag so we both decided to come with him, but he's having a bad cough that his father didn't allow him to go.

Weeks after I learned from him that the "problem" was actually a mass that need to be taken out of his body through surgery. It came as a shock to me considering the sensitivity of the mass' location. Also, I know that my friend isn't open to the idea that he may undergo surgery, as he keeps on saying that there must be a medicine that could dissolve the mass that he needn't have to go under the knife. Unfortunately, he has to.. and it has to be done as soon as possible. The mass that we thought was just simple mass appears to be alarming and that he need to undergo series of tests (lots of it) before proceeding with the operation. That news, which i just learned this afternoon saddened me. According to his doctor it's a semi-emergency case and that he need do something about it. He even mentioned that it could be cancerous and that he may undergo radiation, chemo therapy etc.. I know this isn't easy for him to take as well to his family and i also know that he's still trying to keep the positive outlook he has on all the things happening. He would always send his friends messages of faith and hope and he would always ask for prayers as he go through such ordeal.

I know that you have so many friends praying for you and I am one of them. Just keep on praying and believing that everything will be well. I can see that beyond this trial you became stronger, you learn to believe in you faith..to trust in Him. Always remember that the Lord woudn't give you something you cannot overcome. Just be strong and keep holding on.

No comments: